Getting Paid Just Got Better


Global Payments Made Easy

Get $25 when you sign up with our link [click here]. Available to over 200 countries worldwide! Payments available in minutes - No bank account is required - Use in stores, online or ATMs that accept MasterCard® - Live chat, telephone and e-mail support offered in multiple languages! [click here]

Saturday, October 26, 2013

The 100 Dresses Project

As a child, one of my favorite books of all time was "The Hundred Dresses."  It's about a poor girl who was made fun of because she wore the same dress to school everyday.  The young girl, however, claimed that she owned 100 dresses, all of them beautiful and unique.


I remember checking out that book over and over again fantasizing about one day having a closet of 100 dresses.  Fast forward many years later and I have a closet full of jeans and pants.  The few dresses I do own are shoved in the back of my closet, saved for rare and special occasions.

I've decided to bring back the art of wearing dresses again as a part of my regular routine.  I'm not saying that I'm never wearing pants again but I long to one day build my own collection of 100 dresses.  Here, I'm wearing a dress from Forever 21.  I was drawn to it because it was both ugly and pretty at the same time.  The pattern isn't traditionally pleasing to the eye, but that's what attracted me to it. It was tucked away in the corner, far from the trendier pieces on the main sales floor.   I paired it with a statement necklace from H&M and some rustic cuffs.

One thing about wearing dresses is that you no longer have the luxury of blending into the crowd.  Next time you go out to a non-formal event, look around and count the number of women who aren't wearing jeans/pants.  Standing out isn't a bad thing, but it requires a level of confidence and certainty to hold your head high instead of being intimidated by the increased number of stares and acknowledgments.  It helps us build the habit of not being swayed by what others think of us.  Feels good.

Look out for more posts as I build my dress collection.