Getting Paid Just Got Better


Global Payments Made Easy

Get $25 when you sign up with our link [click here]. Available to over 200 countries worldwide! Payments available in minutes - No bank account is required - Use in stores, online or ATMs that accept MasterCard® - Live chat, telephone and e-mail support offered in multiple languages! [click here]

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Farm Fresh

One of the bold declarations I'm making for myself in 2014 is to experience as many new things as possible.  This afternoon I had the pleasure of introducing new foods into my diet.  Well, they aren't actually new, per se.  In fact, I've consumed these foods pretty much all my life.
Raw milk collected two days ago from the cow

The difference this time, is that my eggs, milk and cheese are completely raw.  By raw, I mean unpasteurized (treated with heat).  Pasteurizing kills all the bacteria (good and bad) along with the enzymes.  Some say that pasteurizing creates foreign proteins (histamines) due to the destroyed bacteria remaining in the milk in a form that is unhealthy to our bodies.  The end result is a milk that is considered a "dead," lactose (sugar) heavy product that is difficult to digest. Raw milk on the other hand, still contains the enzymes required for us to properly digest it.  Unfortunately, raw milk is illegal for human consumption in many states so it isn't readily available.

I'm so glad I was able to find a small shop just outside of town that offers raw milk, truly free range eggs (which are different from cage free) and raw milk cheese.  Free range eggs are said to have more omega 3s, vitamin A, beta carotene and vitamin E than conventional.  While there I also placed an order for grass fed beef liver.  As you would imagine, the cost of these all natural, raw groceries were pretty pricey.  I hope one day they'll find a way to allow natural foods to become readily available at lower prices.  Until that day arrives, I'm just glad I have finally have a choice.